More strawberry really. This is really good. I don’t like tofu. Regular tofu. But silken tofu is a whole ‘nother thing. Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie’s “Healthier Vanilla Frosty“, this is a faster version for when you want some now. She uses frozen milk and then blends it up. I thought that was likely unessential and so here goes!
- 1 package silken tofu
- 1 container strawberry Dannon carb control yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup ice cubes (or more if you want more quantity)
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- a scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 2 T xylitol (I used liquid raspberry Splenda syrup to flavor and sweeten)
- A bit of extra xylitol to taste (sweeten to your preference)
You could easily flavor this with vanilla and nonfat cocoa powder or any of the other flavors of liquid sweetener. I didn’t realize I was supposed to freeze the milk til I went to make it and had a milk shake in my head. By then, it was too late. I had to have that milk shake! Take a look at the ingredients! It’s what’s for dinner.